3 days plus exercises for POE
|SAQA US No.||Title||NQF Level||Credits|
|11286||Institute disciplinary action.||5||8|
This programme is specifically targeted at shop stewards and trade union representatives.
Especially designed for shop stewards this programme covers:
- How to assist an employee in counselling and corrective disciplinary interviews.
- The formal referral system and the positive role a shop steward can play in identifying troubled employees and encouraging them to seek assistance.
- Basic LRA requirements in respect of dismissals.
- Analysing charges of misconduct, investigating the circumstances and preparing to assist an employee in an enquiry.
- How to present the case for the employee including how to lead evidence, cross-examine witnesses, make a convincing closing argument and argue extenuating and mitigating factors to lessen the sanction.
- Determining grounds for appeal.
Two DVDs – The Case of Ed Khan and The Case of Zaks Jele are used to illustrate the role of a shop steward in disciplinary matters.
Interested in Disciplinary Handling Skills for Shop Stewards? Contact us here.