This programme is targeted at General employees in a business (Paterson A, B and C bands).
- The purpose of business and how the role of employees aligns with it.
- The Vision, Mission, Values and Goals of the business and how employees’ role fits in with the purpose of the business is explained.
- How the business system operates.
- Market needs, pricing, competitors, customers, suppliers, location and finance.
- Legal requirements which of business and the consequences of non-compliance.
- How businesses make use and lose money.
- Fixed v variable costs and economies of scale.
- The ways in which businesses are financed and return on investment.
- The importance of quality product and service in terms of customer needs and the existence of competitors.
- The importance of pricing in terms of attracting and retaining customers and ensuring the profitability of the business.
- How employees’ contribute to the success or failure of a business.
- Reasons for businesses failing.
- Employees’ role in providing excellent service and reducing waste by working smarter