1 ½ days plus exercises for POE (2 days if run in conjunction with Rules of Evidence as recommended)
|SAQA US No.||Title||NQF Level||Credits|
|10985||Conduct a disciplinary hearing||6||5|
This programme is targeted at disciplinary chairpersons.
- LRA requirements in respect of dismissals for misconduct.
- Procedure for disciplinary enquiries.
- How to facilitate the leading of evidence and control cross-examination so as to ensure a fair hearing.
- How to weigh and evaluate evidence and make a substantively fair finding.
- Considering extenuating, aggravating and mitigating factors.
- Determining an appropriate substantively fair sanction.
- Preparing a written finding that will stand the scrutiny of CCMA arbitrator.
Learners receive a Disciplinary Enquiry Record/Checklist, which they are required to use in a role-play based on an actual case. They also receive a Ready Reference booklet.
Interested in Chairing Disciplinary Enquiries ? Contact us by phone, email or by filling in the enquiry form on this page.
Clients have the choice of two videos to augment the course:
The Zola Zubane Case (as described above under Initiating Disciplinary Enquiries); and
The Grant Ross Case which features an enquiry into charges against an engineer who is accused of soliciting gifts from a supplier in return for his passing the supplier’s invoices for payment. It provides an excellent example of how evidence should be led and an enquiry conducted.