|SAQA US No.||Title||NQF Level||Credits|
|11286||Institute Disciplinary Action||5||8|
HR and IR representatives who sit in on disciplinary enquiries and who advise line management on discipline and dismissals at the workplace.
Review of labour legislation in respect of discipline and dismissals.
- The role of the HR/IR manager in ensuring that disciplinary and performance standards are maintained:
- Understanding the reasons why some first line managers avoid disciplinary confrontations;
- Coaching techniques including the use of questioning and reflective listening techniques.
- Disciplinary performance requirements of first line managers, disciplinary initiators and chairpersons:
- Key disciplinary competencies and performance standards for first line managers
- Disciplinary performance standards for first line managers in respect of corrective discipline.
- Performance standards for disciplinary enquiry initiators and chairpersons.
- Assessing performance and coaching first line managers in the handling of poor performance, absenteeism and minor misconduct.
- Assessing performance and coaching disciplinary enquiry initiators and chairpersons.
- Precedent setting case law.
Video Case Studies: The Case of Seelan Pillay, The Case of Zaks Jele & The Case of Evan Razak.