3 days – 4 days if participants are to be assessed plus exercises for POE
|SAQA US No.||Title||NQF Level||Credits|
|13952||Demonstrate basic understanding of the primary labour legislation||4||8|
This programme is targeted at entry level and middle managers, supervisory levels and trade union representatives.
The course provides a basic platform for the legal framework to labour relations in South Africa. Three DVDs are used in the programme – The Kenny Kunene Case featuring an assault on a supervisor during a strike, Selecting for Excellence – The Incompetent Interviewer and the main instructional DVD, Employment Rights & Duties. This DVD which ‘drives’ the course, is divided into the following chapters:-
- Overview of Labour Legislation, including common law and contracts of employment.
- Organisational Rights including the role and duties of shop stewards.
- Discipline & Dismissals under the LRA. This is a pre-requisite for B&A disciplinary courses and is covered below.
- Grievance & Dispute Procedures.
- Key aspects of the BCEA and EEA.
- LRA/EEA Interview Requirements.
- Key aspects of Skills Development legislation.
For further information on Practical Labour Law Training contact us here.
Participants receive a handy ready reference booklet with their course material. Various training techniques are used to make what could be a ‘dry’ subject practical and interesting.