|SAQA US No.||Title||NQF Level||Credits|
|–||No appropriate unit standard for this course.||4||–|
Trade union representatives, supervisors, foremen and line managers.
- Recognise and understand the need for change in working relationships that has been brought about by global competition and the need for service delivery.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the shop steward’s role and functions in respect of collective bargaining, shop steward committee meetings and daily interactions with supervisors/management in respect of employee matters.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role and responsibilities of supervisors and shop stewards in a modern workplace.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the internal Grievance and Dispute Procedures and LRA Dispute Procedure.
- Conduct crucial conversations with relevant parties at the workplace.
- Develop an action plan to improve the working relationship in their work areas.
Two DVDs are used in the programme:
The Kenny Kunene Case featuring an assault on a supervisor during a strike; and
Employment Rights & Duties, covering Organisational Rights, Grievance & Dispute Procedures.