|SAQA US No.||Title||NQF Level||Credits|
|–||This is a customised developmental learning programme.||4||–|
This programme is targeted at supervisors and team leaders.
- Paradigms and how they affect leadership
- McGregor’s Theory X Theory Y
- Empowered teams versus traditional supervisory methods
- Expectations of stakeholders
- Problem solving and decision making
- Leading group discussions
- Analysing performance
- The difference between leadership and management
- Levels and types of leadership
- Characteristics for leadership
- Core business – the Vision and Mission, Values and Goals
- The role, duties and functions of a team leader
- The concepts of authority, responsibility and accountability
- Preparing a job profile for a supervisor/team leader
- How to be a good follower and manage ‘upwards’
- What bosses look for in emerging leaders?
- How to deal with a ‘difficult’ manager and what to do when you are ‘stuck in a position’ with no immediate prospects
- Developing a career strategy
- Basic business etiquette
- Preparing a self-development plan to improve leadership
- Theories of motivation and group dynamics
- Functions of a team leader in motivating a work team
- Making the change from controlling employees to facilitating team requirements, barrier busting, coaching and training
- Delegating tasks and responsibility
- The difference between performance management and managing poor performance
- The importance of information sharing, regular feedback, recognition and praise as motivational tools
Workplace application: Implement a plan of action to strengthen the team.
Through a process of consultation with stakeholders develop an action plan in writing to ensure that:
The team buys into the plan.
Appropriate interventions with time frames to address performance barriers are agreed and implemented.
Tasks, which can be delegated are identified and agreement is reached on how and to whom the tasks should be delegated.
Team members identified to take on more responsibility are given appropriate instruction, coaching and training to take on the responsibility.
Training is conducted or arranged to meet identified training needs of team members.
Team members accept more responsibility and accountability.
Contact us today for further information on Practical Leadership Skills Training Programmes.