|SAQA US No.||Title||NQF Level||Credits|
|To create understanding of how labour relations in South Africa have developed and to offer a strategy for developing positive employee relations in the workplace.||4/5||–|
This programme is targeted at all levels of managers and supervisors – tailored to each group.
The course sets out to enlighten learners on how situations affect human behaviour in general and labour relations in particular.
- Paradigms and how they have affected peoples’ thinking in leadership and labour relations matters.
- A review of various psychological experiments which show the impact of situations on human behaviour
- A brief review of South African labour history and its link to present day labour relations thinking.
- The principles of power and their impact on workplace relations
- An analysis of power within the organisation with view to creating a stable working environment.
- Employee engagement and how this impacts on the industrial relations climate of a workplace.
- A plan is developed to link IR and leadership by identifying and addressing performance barriers and improving working relationships within the workplace.