|SAQA US No.||Title||NQF Level||Credits|
|242824||Apply leadership concepts in a work context.||4||12|
Shop stewards and other employee representatives.
The course sets out to enlighten learners on how situations affect human behaviour in general and labour relations in particular.
- Paradigms and how they have affected peoples’ thinking in leadership and labour relations matters.
- A review of various psychological experiments which show the impact of situations on human behaviour
- A review of South African labour history and its link to politics and present day labour relations thinking.
- Employee engagement and how this impacts on the industrial relations climate of a workplace.
- Strategies used by good leaders to establish and maintain good relationships with their teams.
- Boundaries and their role in the workplace.
- The impact of emotions and emotional issues and the role of a leader in managing these.
- What is leadership v management?
- Effective v ineffective leaders.
- Characteristics for leaders – choices and connecting with people.
- Developing a positive attitude and self-discipline.
- Humour and leadership.
- Setting goals and priorities.
- Pareto’s 80/20 principle.
- Leadership styles.
- Situational Leadership.
- Ubunto and African leadership concepts.
- Self-analysis and personal development planning.
- Plan to identify and address performance barriers and improve working relationships within the workplace.
Interested in Shop Steward Leadership Skills? Contact us here.