|SAQA US No.||Title||NQF Level||Credits|
|114226||Interpret and manage conflicts within the workplace.||5||8|
|Please Note: For assessment purposes this programme must be done in conjunction with Handling Complaints & Grievances – NQF Level 5.|
The Assertive Conflict Handling programme is targeted at entry level and middle managers, supervisory levels and trade union representatives.
- The differences between aggressive, passive/manipulative and assertive behaviour
- Assertive rights and an understanding of how people are conditioned to be non-assertive.
- Emotional issues that undermine assertiveness.
- Factors that determine one’s self-image.
- The impact of emotions on behaviour and techniques for controlling emotions.
- Sources of conflict in a business, including positive and negative characteristics of conflict in the workplace.
- Transactional analysis and game playing.
- Various ways and methods of handling conflict and difficult interactions. These include, planning a strategy for difficult interactions, listening and questioning techniques, dealing with bullies at work and being sensitive while giving candid but constructive feedback to people.
- Practical exercises and role plays.
The DVD covers assertiveness versus aggression, various techniques and tactics for handling conflict, reflective listening, negotiating resolutions to conflict and handling conflict between employees.